Not just Holistic, but how to use E: All of the Above!

I made this blog because I did tons of research on success stories and research worldwide and used it on my dog with nasal cancer named Lucy. So, now my hobby is molecular biology. The treatment uses combination of health store supplements, some prescription meds, diet changes, and specific Ayurvedic and Chinese medicinal herbs. I just wanted her to have a better quality of life. I thought this combination of E: All the Above (except no radiation or chemo and surgery for this cancer was not an option) would help that for sure, but it actually put her bleeding nasal cancer in remission!
My approach to cancer is about treating the whole animals biologic system. But I do hate the word 'Holistic'. Sounds like hoo hoo. This is science based, research based data and results of using active herbal compounds that happen to be readily available and common. Some call it Nutriceuticals. Others may call it Orthomolecular cancer therapy. Or Cancer Immunotherapy.
I FEEL DIVERSITY IN TREATMENT IS KEY:
-Slow cancer cell reproduction
-Make cancer cells become easier targets for the immune system
-Kill the cancer cells
-Rid the cancer cells
-Remove the toxins it produces
- Stimulate and Modulate the immune system
-Control secondary symptoms like bleeding, infection, inflammation, mucous, appetite, or pain for a better feeling animal
-Working with your vet for exams and prescriptions that are sometimes needed when conditions are acute.
Just by using a multi-modal treatment approach that is as diverse in attack as possible. Both conventional and natural.
The body conditions that allowed it to develop in the first place must be corrected. If caught early enough, like with Lucy, this ongoing maintenance correctional treatment is all that was required at this point to achieve, so far, more than 10 TIMES the life expectancy given (more than 60 months) after diagnosis WITH remission. I did not use radiation or chemotherapy or surgery.
I hope this cancer research can help your dog as well.

My Lucy

My Lucy
In Loving Memory my Lucy December 2016
CURRENT STATUS - It was for more than 5 YEARS after Lucy was diagnosed by biopsy in March 2011 with nasal cancer that she lived. And she was in remission for 4 of 5 years using no radiation or chemo! Now multiply that by 7 to be 35 years extended!! She was 12.5 years old - equivalent to almost 90 human years old. She ended her watch December 1, 2016. I miss her so much.

June 24, 2016

Bad bleed today after all these years


many updates down the page


Bad bleed today 6/24/2016. Coming out of right nostril. Her left is the cancer side. Just happened this AM.
Nothing really the vet can do. I gave her a bunch of Yunnan, plus the little red shock prevent pill that is in middle of that blister pack or top of bottle. And a sedative. Have to keep her very quiet and outside (yes, it's bad).

She has not had this kind of bleed since 5 years ago when this all started.

She has been ok other than that left side blocked up for months now.

I have to try to remember this is just a symptom. Just a nosebleed. Just have to get it to stop. Not sure what else to do right now. She won't stay still for an icepack on snout. Won't ever let me put stuffy nose drops into nose. That would slow bleeding. Maybe will try very soaked qtip with Neosenephrine in a bit.


Next day UPDATE:

Lucy was very very mucousy after the bleed. Almost choking for hours. I thought this was it. But I gave her the emergency Prednisone I had on hand and gave her a double cat size dose (though Lucy does weigh 85# but she is old now).  I figured the inflammation was there and more would be coming. I gave plain Mucinex tablet to help mucous flow out and a Benedryl to dry it up a little. Plus she had the half dose of a emergency tranquilizer to keep her from getting excited and moving around too much. That might make her bleed again. I then thought I could give a squirt of Neosenephrine spray to get the bleed to stop quicker. She would have none of that tranqed or not.... Once she was asleep, I put some of the nose spray liquid into a baby dropper and just let it flow into the side flap of the nostril. I know it's far away from the site, but it's close enough the drug might spread out enough. 3 double doses of Yunnan herb over the day plus the special pill for shock just in case. Always save those for real bad bleeds (they all seem bad of course). So hours later, she stopped making horrible choking gurgling and got quite a bit more normal. I did later in day have her go outside for a few minutes a few times to also stimulate drainage. No more bad bleeding after couple hours. Took most of day to get more ok. Slept ok. This AM mucous again kinda bad but only tiny bleeding. So I did the same thing today(but no tranquilizer). After a few hours she was reasonably ok again. Yes, I did call the Vet and there was no real help from them. Everyone is always like, well it's game over whenever I called vets. This has been going on since 2010. We seem to be on our own for so much of this. It seems I have to use vets mostly to pester them to let me have some on hand emergency meds.  Dog has cancer. Give me meds for crucial times.  Anyway, sorry about the rant.  Of course I cried a bit.  I know I know, I got 5 years so far when most get less than a year. I know she is old now and has a hard time with steps. But her quality of life is still pretty good. She is still my Lucy and she still wants to do stuff like get in car and drive to get mail. We love our dogs. They love us. 


July 9, 2016 Two week update:
Been not too bad. No more bleeds since that day. But very stuffy and mucousy at times. If I keep her inside with AC on at 75 and fan on her she seems happier because she can cool herself easily. Dogs cool themselves by panting if need be, but just breathing through the nose cools them. Since she can't breathe as well and doesn't want to pant all the time, she is happier cooler. Outside she gets more mucous and gets too warm too quick. Plus she wants to smell everything and it makes her sneeze and them of course more mucous would come. So just bathroom breaks now or short walks in the tomato and pumpkin patch. I take her for an AC car ride to get the mail every day. She loves that. She had her BBQ cheeseburger on July 4. Snorting away.
Still on 5-10mg of Prednisone a day, Mucinex (PLAIN!), and Benedryl at night. And Homeopet Nose Relief and NasoPass chinese herb set from activeherb. She is still Lucy. She doesn't seem to be fazed by the congestion. The above stuff seems to help. She seems ok being on the stuff. Her left eye is watery sometimes, sometimes alot. Thats the cancer side.  She is old. But another milestone will be her birthday August 1. I think she will make it. I sure hope. She will be 12. 7x12=84 years old. With cancer for 5 years. And most of those 5 years no symptoms.

July 12 2016
moderate bleed in am lasted 2 hours. lots of congestion.

July 18 2016
last 6 days small occasional bleeds only in AM. She has to breathe half of time or more by mouth. She doesn't appear distressed by this, it's just noisy when she tries to breathe through nose. She eats great. Wants to walk with me around the yard. She barked at UPS truck on Friday. Sometimes a little playful when waiting for her little bit of whipped cream when I have decaf in eve. I am more distressed about the noise, bleeds, eye goop problem than her. She seems to not care. I hate to see this. But it appears to her, her own quality of life is ok still this week.

July 25 2016 - one month now after 'that horrible day'
No bleeds for 5 days at all. She is getting used to breathing through mouth so makes alot less noise. Though she sometimes sounds like a crocodile, or a creature from the 90's version of the Doom game, or a noisy allergy prone bulldog(she is a Lab). Keeping her cool helps. Nasopass out of stock now everywhere! Ordered something else from Amazon to try when Nasopass runs out soon. Eating fine. She seems unfazed and acts normal.

UPDATE August 17 2016
No bleeds for weeks now. Still has ropy mucous drainage sometimes, but better since I have been giving Benedryl and NAC. She acts normal. Getting fussy with food though.


UPDATE October 7, 2016
Still here. Pretty much the same as last few months. Doing ok. But still has symptoms like mentioned in last few months.



Lucy never did radiation or chemo, she only did the Tippner Protocol. The Tippner Cancer Protocol combines immunotherapy and molecular cancer therapy using off the shelf readily available inexpensive natural substances. Here is her list. She is past 5 years after diagnosis by biopsy

I buy most of the stuff from Swanson Vitamins. They are cheaper, in capsules for dosage changes, and carry almost everything I give to Lucy except for the Chinese Herbs Stasis Breaker prescription, and the Low Dose Naltrexone prescription. Here is a $5 off coupon link I found